Saturday, May 3, 2008

Burda World of Fashion - Conquered!

The little pants are finished and they are cute, cute, cute. At least, that's my opinion. My 16 year old daughter is both appalled that anyone would make them and relieved that she's no longer young enough to be forced to wear them. You can decide for yourself.

Now I'll just keep my fingers crossed that my daughter and granddaughter like them. They look a little more like bloomers than the ones pictured in the magazine did, but I suspect that is at least partially due to my choice of fabric. The ones in the magazine were made out of fabric that could most accurately be called drab. The fabric I chose is a linen/rayon blend, which I hope will be comfortable in the Texas summer heat.

A few details...

I used my narrow hem foot to hem the ruffles. Even going slow, this must be about 1,000 times faster than doing it by folding and pressing. Also, no burned fingers, a nice plus!


I added a "K Brand" label to help my granddaughter tell the front of the pants from the back.






The leg casing with drawstring inserted.








ETA: Lindsey, if you're reading this, the pants don't really look that much like bloomers. I think I may have sewn the wasit elastic too short, and that may be where the resemblance comes from. I forgot what you said the waist measurement of her pants was.

7 comments:

Sue said...

Any little girl would love to wear these - you have done a great job!

Rhoto said...

Cute! Cute! Cute!!
Warm greetings,
Rhonda in Montreal (PR)

Dawn said...

I swear I posted a comment here yesterday . . .

The pants are super cute!! And think of all the Burda patterns you can conquer now that you have started!!!!

AllisonC said...

Hey congratulations on your first BWOF project - they look really cute, well done.

Bunny said...

Your pants are darling. Congrats on crossing that threshold into the BWOF. I think your 16 yr old daughter needs to see them with the top you will make before passing judgement. I have see these with darling tops on some of the boutique sites on ebay. Really cute stuff!

Paula Gardner said...

She may never like them...this is the child who, at 5 years old, refused to wear the beautiful red velvet dress her grandmother sent her for Christmas because the "sleeves were too puffy."

Anonymous said...

Paula those Burda pants are just darling. Congrats on the conquer!

Big Dog(PR)