I know I said I was going to wait until Saturday morning to deconstruct the #139 pants, but my husband mentioned that we might go to FlowerWorld and I did not want anything to stand in the way of that! So I'm back to where I was two days ago. Actually, I'm slightly ahead of that, as I went ahead and stitched the ends of the waist elastic together and closed the opening in the casing.
Now it's time to get started on the ruffles. The ruffles are made from a 3" by 42" piece of fabric. Yes, you read that correctly. That's 42 inches of fabric to ruffle...for a pant leg! That's "quite" a lot of ruffle; I'll probably do a double row of basting stitches since the ruffle will be so dense.
But before I worry about that, I need to hem the darn things, so it's back to work with my narrow hem foot.
23:35 Pacific Time: Both ruffles are hemmed!