A quick update on my blouse...it's coming along. How ironic is it that I ended up carefully trying to get each seam to pucker X amount so that they would all look the same? Anyway, the front and back pieces are sewn together, the fronts are faced and the blouse fits. Onto the collar but not until later today. (I hate it when work interferes with sewing!)
Now for some more interesting stuff. I was considering entering the One Fabric-Silk contest for April, but I have decided against it. I need - well, want, actually - to get some sewing done for my granddaughter for her birthday. But what's got me even more excited is that I'm going to be sewing for The Hundred Skirts Project. I'll be making seven size 3T skirts for the Guatemalan orphanage. I'm really excited about the Project. I'll be drafting my a-line pattern off of an ancient skorts pattern that I've had lying around unused for about 13 or so years. I've shopped my tiny stash and found a couple of suitable fabrics but that's okay because I happen to know that there are tons of really cute cottons in the fabric stores right now and I don't mind fabric shopping. As the old saying goes, it's a tough job, but someone's got to do it.