Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Rebirth

On August 22, 2007, I became the proud owner of a brand new Baby Lock Ellegante. After struggling for several years with a 25 year old Kenmore Sensor Sew 70, it was time for a new machine. The old machine was tired; the poor thing could sew only in reverse. I tried several options for continuing to use it, including sitting on the back side of the machine, but it just wasn't working out for me; hence, the new Ellegante.

I'm slowly getting to know Lily. I have every expectation that she's going to go take me to places I've never been before. She will transform me from a competent hobbyist to an artisan, an artist as we push back the boundaries of what I believe is possible. At least, that is my hope.

I am reborn as a sewist.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Let me know if it works for ya, Paula. If all it takes is a new machine to transform me from sewing klutz to sewing queen, I'll be next in line for an Ellegante! :) Enjoy her! Can't imagine trying to sew from the back side of a machine. LOL! If you can do that, you can do anything. :)

Charity

Paula Gardner said...

Charity, I'd hardly call you a sewing klutz...I've seen your work, Missy, so you can't fool me. I don't recommend sitting behind your sewing machine. It kind of works okay for mending but not much else.

Alexandra said...

It sounds like you really tried to keep the old one going but it was time to let go. Enjoy your new machine! I'm looking forward to seeing what all you can do together.

Lisa Laree said...

Sewing from the back of the machine is definitely going to the Nth degree to salvage a lost cause! Enjoy your new machine!

Kim said...

That is a beautiful jacket..I've almost purchased it several times (I have so many cropped jacket patterns...). Thank you for adding me to your blog list!! I'm so honored. I will add you to my blog list as soon as I learn how to do it...

Kim

goodworks1 said...

So, Paula, how do you like your Ellegante now that it's about a year old?

Do tell! :D

And happy belated blog-iversary!