Monday, March 24, 2008

I've Been Tagged

I've been tagged - thank you very much, Dawn - so now I must wrack my brain for seven interesting things to tell you about myself.

1. I like to read the dictionary. I am a serious word nerd. For example, I wanted to check the spelling of "wrack" before I posted this blog entry and spent several minutes - okay, half an hour - reading all the synonyms of "wrack" included in the thesaurus at dictionary.com, plus looking up some of the more interesting words I encountered. Did you know that "wrack" when used in this sense, means "to dismantle?"

2. I prefer sci-fi and action adventure movies to chick flicks. Same with books.

3. In keeping with the theme of #2, I love Star Trek in all it's iterations BUT what I really love is Stargate - the movie, SG-1, and Atlantis. My daughter and I crack ourselves up when we find, in the middle of a conversation, that we're talking about the Asgard or the Genai or some such race as though they were real.

4. I've never stayed at the same job for more than three years. Change is good, right?

5. My husband, myself and two of my/our daughters are left-handed. It's good to be in the majority occasionally. I once found myself in a room of 30 other people where I was the only left-handed person. That was just weird.

6. I never wanted children, so of course, I had three.

7. I was my blue-eyed grandfather's only blue-eyed grandchild, which is why he named an orchid that he developed after me, miltonia Paula Jean.

I'm not going to tag anyone as I believe that nearly everyone I "know" well enough to feel comfortable tagging has already been tagged. But I thought it would be fun to post some random information about myself anyway.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

You and your daughter would be right at home with my husband and son. Together you guys could be the nerd herd.

Meg said...

Interesting! I was just tagged too. It's hard to come up with this kind of stuff, right?

Paula Gardner said...

Gosh, it's really hard to come up with this stuff. It's vaguely disturbing to realize how boring I am!

Construction Cleaning Minnetonka Mills said...

Greeat blog you have