Saturday, January 23, 2021

What Was I Thinking?

While I was tidying up the sewing space, I found a list of patterns-to-buy I had compiled a while back, I'm guessing early 2020. I each of them a second look and was surprised to find that most of them just weren't that interesting.

McCall's 7254

A perfectly nice pattern, but not sure if it's something I'd wear. However, I see that today it's on sale for $3.99, which might make it worth buying and holding onto while I decide.

McCall's 7575

A fine pattern, but I can't for the life of me figure out what it was about it that caught my eye over the hundreds of other blouse patterns that are available.

McCall's 7325

Maybe if I were looking to make a nightgown.

Butterick 6026

Again, nice, but I would never wear this. Never.

Butterick 6070

Another blouse. Have I mentioned that I can't recall the last time I wore a blouse?

Simplicity 8445

And yet another cute blouse that's not my actual style. Also, it's a blouse. Even if I wore blouses every day, how many actual blouse patterns would I need?

Vogue 1050

Those of you who know me (I'm looking at you, Sewing Sisters) are probably laughing your heads off. You would have known right off the bat that I would never, ever in a million-bazillion years wear these pants.

So out of this list, there's one that I might buy simply because it's on sale and another I could possible use to make a nightgown. Other than that...well, who knows what I was thinking. From now on I'm going to employ a cooling off period before I buy new patterns. Either that or get more comfortable with my own aesthetic, rather than thinking I should wear this or that.

Butterick 6026

Butterick 6070

McCall's 7254

McCall's 7325

McCall's 7575

Vogue 1050

Simplicity 8445


1 comment:

Milasha said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.