Monday, August 2, 2021

Simplicity 2560


This future sewing project used a pattern that had been aging in my stash for at least a couple of years. Simplicity 2560 is a cardigan in five views designed for stretch knits. Suggested fabrics include jerseys, matte jerseys, and double knits. I chose View A.

I used a 100% cotton jersey purchased at Joann. While I'm pleased with the final result, I think my fabric doesn't really do this pattern justice the way a drapier knit would. I intend to make this again in something softer and possibly in a solid color rather than a print to better showcase the drape of the neckband.

Since this was another pattern with cut-on sleeves, I once again skipped tracing my size and cut the pattern tissue.

I literally have nothing interesting to say about sewing this pattern. I made it from cutting to hemming in a single evening with no issues.

I made a Size 10. For your reference, here are my measurements and the measurements from the back of the pattern envelope. Keep in mind that the waist measurement is fairly irrelevant for this design and also that I am quite small around the rib cage, where the raised waist seam falls on this garment. YMMV.

Bust: 36.5
Waist: 31.5
Hips: 38.5






Thanks for reading!

Paula

Gallery




2 comments:

ody said...

Great top! Love the fabric.

Abbey said...

Very pretty.

Abbey